COMMERCE (COMPUTER APPLICATION)
DEPARTMENT OF B.COM (COMPUTER APPLICATION)
HISTORY OF THE DEPARTMENT
The department of Computer Applications was established in 2001, a time when information technology was becoming more and more significant on a worldwide scale. The course was designed with the intention of distributing the advantages of management and information technology to the student body. The serious and laborious efforts of the faculty were successful in achieving the goal.
ABOUT THE COURSE
The B.Com (Computer Application) is a 3 years (6 Semesters) regular programme offered under the university of Madras. This course combines computer technology and commerce. It teaches students how to use computer technology in the field of commerce. More specifically, applying technologies to improve economic growth. It prepares students for careers in both the IT and business sectors. After completing this programme, students can pursue MBA, MCA, M.Com, ACCA, and other related degrees. Accounting, programming languages, company law, and e-commerce are among the most popular subjects.
A student is eligible to join the course if they have completed a course equivalent to 10+2, or pre-university in any group with an overall grade point average of 60%, including languages.
1. To develop the next generation of high quality information technology professionals.
2. To cater the needs of the IT industry.
3. To provide an intellectual environment that fosters the search for new knowledge in the highly dynamic computing world.
1. The Department strives for building quality professional that all are committed and self-motivated with specific skills.
2. To prepare the students for the diverse work place of the Global Environment.
3. To encourage entrepreneurship skills among students.
To cater to the needs of the present scenario our curriculum offers core and allied subjects like Financial Accounting, Business Economics, Indian Economy, Elements of Cost Accounting, Practical Auditing, Financial Management, Income Tax Law & Practice, Research Methodology, Financial Service, Management Accounting, Human Resource Management. Applied knowledge is gained through practical papers like Office Automation, Java Programming, C++, Python Programming, Statistical Package for Social Science, Web Technology. Students are also given an opportunity to develop human values and improve personality through soft skills training which include Value education and Personality Enrichment.
SCOPE/AREA OF INTEREST
IN THE FIELD OF COMMERCE :
· Insurance Agent
· Import Export Manager
· Marketing Manager
· Cost Accountant
· Investment Banker
· Financial Manager
· Chief Financial Officer
· Chartered Accountant
· Bank Manager
· Bank Officer
· Accounts Officer
· Sales Associate
· Accounts Manager
· Human Resources
· Business Analyst
IN THE FIELD OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY :
v Programmer Analyst
v Programme Developer
v Data Entry Operator
v Associate Software Engineer
v Senior Process Executive
v Software Test Engineer
v Computer Programmer
v Web Developer
1. Vishal.S – HCL – Analyst
2. Madesh Kumar K - Ntrust Infotech Pvt Ltd - Lease Abstraction
3. Panchajanya.B, - ICICI Lombard Insurance Limited - Sales Officer
4. Sridar M.- Medical Billing Wholesalers - VR Calling
5. Kaushik.S.R - Medical Billing Wholesalers, VR Calling
6. Vishal.S - Integrated Enterprises - Relationship Manager
7. Udaya Ragavan.A, Integrated Enterprises, Relationship Manager
8. Sridar M - Integrated Enterprises - Relationship Manager
9. Panchajanya.B, - Integrated Enterprises - Relationship Manager
10. Salthivel.K, - Justdial Ltd - Development Executive