Department of Computer Science
The DEPARTMENT of PHYSICS had its inception along with the COLLEGE in the year 1952 and it takes immense pride to inform that the Department has completed 69 glorious years in 2021
• The UG Program – BSc Physics – was started in 1952, PG Program – MSc Physics – in 1985 and Research Programs – M.Phil. & Ph.D. – in 2000.
• Department’s Approved Teaching Faculty strength is 12.
• Some of the Notable Former Faculty, who have written a range of celebrated Text Books for UG students of several generations, are Profs. S R Govindarajan, M Somasundaram,
N Narayana Murthi, N Nagaratnam and V Gosakan.
• The Present Faculty have excellent exposure to a variety of Theoretical and Experimental Physics Research fields. They are active participants in innovative Teaching and Research and have a collective Publication of over 100 Research papers in National and International Journals and Conferences.
• The Student strength of UG and PG Programs in the Department is around 180; the sanctioned Student strength of M.Phil. and Ph.D. is 8 each.
• The Department has Two separate spacious Laboratories, one for UG (100’ x 30’) and another one for PG & Research (50’ x 30’), complete with more than 24 numbers of large-sized Work Tables, with all varieties of Modern and State-of-the-Art General, Electrical and Electronic Instruments.
• The Department Library is equipped with nearly 1000 Books in Advanced Level Physics, besides those numerous Standard Books for Study and Reference available in the General Library.
• The Department has produced over 25 M.Phil. and 8 Ph.D. Scholars so far.
TO INSPIRE YOUNG MINDS TO BECOME THINKERS THROUGH QUALITY PHYSICS EDUCATION
TO PRODUCE EMINENT RESEARCH SCHOLARS AND SUPERIOR TEACHING PROFESSIONALS BY MEANS OF VALUABLE SKILLSETS
TO IMPART PHYSICS EDUCATION IN INNOVATIVE AND MODERN PEDAGOGY FOR STUDENTS TO LEARN, RESEARCH AND GROW
TO STRIVE TO BE THE FONTRUNNER IN EXPOSING THE STUDENTS, WHEREVER THEY COME FROM, TO THE CONTEMPORARY REALMS OF PHYSICS FOR THEM TO PURSUE A VARIETY OF HIGHER LEARNING OPPRTNITIES
TO TRAIN AND EQUIP STUDENTS COMPETE WITH OTHER HIGHER LEARNING INSTITUTIONS AT THE NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL LEVELS